More buses for a more convenient journey
Bus Éireann is delighted to announce that we have increased our bus frequency in Limerick, across Routes 314, 345, 332, and 328. This improvement to our service is to better connect the people living in these areas to their local public transport network. Some routes will see an increase in the number of buses across all days of the week and in some cases, even three times the number of daily services. As well as that, additional stops have been added along specific routes to improve connectivity in that area.
And with fares cheaper than ever, there are some serious savings between 30% and 50% on your daily or weekly travels when using your TFI Leap card! Also, make sure to download the TFI Go App today to avail of discounted rates on journeys and for a more convenient way to travel.
Route 314: Limerick ↔ Ballybunion
This route serves counties Limerick and Kerry. Service levels have increased from 50 trips to 104 trips per week, and there will be additional stops as listed below. This service will provide a consistent level of service in both directions for a range of trips and later in the evening. You can also save 30% on single fares when you book online with a TFI Leap Card.
Stops include Limerick City (Various stops) – Mungret – Clarina – Kildimo – Pallaskenry – Kilcornan – Askeaton – Shanagolden – Foynes – Loughill – Glin – Tarbert (New stop) – Listowel (New stop)– Lisselton (New stop) – Ballybunion.
- Frequency is at least doubled along corridor
- A new peak time service for commuters to Listowel
- 8 daily return services Monday to Saturday to Foynes.
- 4 daily return services via Foynes to Ballybunion.
- Convenient set down locations in Limerick City for key locations and city bus services
- Save 30% with a TFI Leap Card, 50% with a Young Adult or Student Leap Card or TFI Go App.
Route 332: Limerick ↔ Cashel
This route serves counties Limerick and Tipperary. There will be a significant increase in service levels from an average of two daily return services per direction to six daily services per direction (a total of 84 trips per week). There will be a direct service to the University of Limerick, and Cashel will be an additional stop, providing a new connection between Cashel and Limerick. Save 30% with TFI leap Card or 50% with a Young Adult or Student TFI Leap Card.
Stops include Limerick City (Various Stops) – Newport – Cappahanna Upper – Murroe – Drumsally Cross – Cappamore – Doon – Cappawhite – Annacarthy – Dundrum – Cashel.
- New direct service to the University of Limerick
- Frequency on the bus corridor is almost three times the current service level
- Cashel and Limerick City will be connected via public transport for the first time
- There will be a 20:00 service for late evening trips
- Multiple stops in Limerick City for pick-up / set-down of passengers
- Save 50% with a Young Adult or Student TFI Leap Card, TFI GO app.
Route 345: Limerick ↔ Scariff
This route serves counties Limerick and Clare. Passengers along this route will see service levels increase as this route will operate 7 days a week, with 5 daily return services Monday to Saturday, and 4 return services on Sunday. You can also save 30% on single fares when you use your TFI Leap Card onboard or download the TFI Go app.
Stops include Arthurs Quay – O’Connors Cross – Clonlara - Bridgetown Church - Montpelier - O’Briens Bridge -Killaloe - Foleys Cross - Ogonelloe - Raheen Cross - Tuamgraney – Scariff
- More buses will be added across seven days of the week
- Monday to Saturday, increased frequency from 3 return trips to 5
- Monday to Saturday improvements include additional departures in the morning and a new later service leaving Limerick for Scariff at 20:25
- Sunday, increased frequency from 2 return trips to 4
- Improved connections to Irish Rail services
- Save 30% with a TFI Leap Card or TFI Go App.
Route 328: Limerick ↔ Mitchelstown
This route serves counties Limerick and Cork. Mitchelstown will now be connected to Limerick on all trips seven days a week. This is a substantial uplift along most of this bus corridor. You can also save 30% on single fares when you use your TFI Leap Card on board or download the TFI Go APP.
Stops include Mitchelstown - Galbally - Ballylanders - Knocklong - Hospital - Herbertstown - Caherline Cross - Caherconlish - Ballysimon - Mulgrave St – Limerick.
- Peak time services to Limerick and to Mitchelstown
- Three times the number of service levels along the bus corridor
- Better connectivity options at Limerick for local/regional bus and national rail services
- Save 30% with a TFI Leap Card or TFI Go APP.
Whatever you have planned, be it big or small, we hope you enjoy your journey on the Transport for Ireland network operated by Bus Eireann. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.
These improvements are brought to you as part of the Connecting Ireland programme.
Thursday, 20th October, 2022