Route 168 Enhancement
Bus Éireann, in conjunction with the National Transport Authority (NTA) are pleased to announce a significantly enhanced timetable on Route 168 linking Dundalk to Drogheda via Dromiskin, Castlebellingham, Annagassan, Grangebellew, Clogher, Termonfeckin & Baltray. As part of this enhancement current Route 189: Drogheda – Grangebellew – Clogher will no longer operate after the 21 November 2020 with all locations now served by the enhanced Route 168.
The main benefits of the enhanced Route 168 timetable include:
- Enhanced weekday & Saturday timetable with up to 9 daily departures linking Drogheda & Dundalk
- Improved evening frequency with later departures to/from Drogheda & Dundalk
- Improved morning peak services with earlier arrivals into Drogheda
- New Sunday timetable with 4 departures linking Drogheda & Dundalk
- Locations such as Baltray, Clogher, Grangbellew & Termonfeckin linked directly to Dundalk
- All services operate via “Our Lady of Lourdes” Hospital
- All services operate via Dundalk Institute of Technology (DKIT)
- Low entry fully accessible vehicles
For the best value fares, customers can save by using their Leap Card and get up to 30% savings on the price of a single ticket or use a zonal product for best value multi-journey fares.
If customers have any feedback in relation to the revised service offering, they can forward their comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers on Route 168 & 189 for their continued support of the public transport services on this corridor and we look forward to welcoming you on-board our improved services in the near future.
The enhanced timetable on Route 168 will be introduced on Sunday, 22 November 2020 and has been approved by the National Transport Authority (NTA). All details are available on www.buseireann.ie. Route 189 will no longer operate after the 21 November 2020.
Tuesday, 17th November, 2020