Wheelchair Accessible Routes
The overall percentage of wheelchair accessible vehicles within the Bus Éireann fleet will continue to grow alongside investment in new vehicles. As it currently stands the bus fleet that operates on our Regional PSO services and on City and Town services are 100% wheelchair accessible.
The following is a full list of Wheelchair Accessible Routes
City and Town Services
All of Bus Éireann’s City and Town services have low-floor buses and are 100% wheelchair accessible. Access to the vehicle is via a fold out ramp, and each bus has a designated wheelchair space. An occupied pram or buggy may be parked in this designated space only when it is not required by a wheelchair user.
201, 202, 202A, 203, 205, 206, 207, 207A, 208, 209, 209A, 212, 213, 214, 215, 215A, 216, 219, 220, 220X, 223, 223X, 225, 225L
360, 360A, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5
301, 302, 303, 304, 304A, 304X, 305, 305A, 306, 313
401, 402, 404, 405, 407, 409
D1, D2, D4, D5, 173
174, 174A, 174B
To reserve accessible transport on a Regional PSO service, intending passengers must contact us on LoCall 0818 836 611 (or +353 1 836 6111 if calling from outside of the Republic of Ireland) at least 24 hours in advance of travel.
- Route 70, Athlone/Mullingar. Accessible stops at Athlone Bus Station, Moate, Kilbeggan, Mullingar Rail Station.
- Route 103, Dublin/Ratoath. Accessible stops at Dublin, Ashbourne, Ratoath.
- Route 103X, Dublin/Duleek. Accessible stops at Dublin, Ashbourne, Duleek.
- Route 105X, Dublin/Fairyhouse Cross. Accessible stops at Dublin Ratoath, Fairyhouse Cross
- Route 109, Dublin to Kells. Accessible Stops at Busaras (Dublin), Dunshaughlin, Navan Abbey Road, Kells.
- Route 109A Kells/Dublin Airport.Accessible Stops at Dublin Airport, Ashbourne, Ratoath, Navan Ardboyne Hotel, Dunshaughlin, Kells.
- Route 109X, Dublin/Cavan. Accessible Stops at Busaras (Dublin), Dunshaughlin, Navan Ardboyne Hotel, Kells, Maghera, Virginia, Cavan.
- Route 111, Trim/Dublin. Accessible Stops at Busaras (Dublin), Blanchardstown (Crown Plaza), Blanchardstown SC (Slip Road Eastbound) and Trim.
- Route 115, Dublin/Mullingar. Accessibility stops at Dublin (Connolly Station, CHQ Hilton Garden Inn, Hueston Station, Liffy Valley and Lucan Spa), Maynooth University, Kilcock (O'Keefes, The Square & Abbeyfields), Cloncurry X, Moyvalley Farrells Nursery,Clonard (Monastery Inn) and Mullingar ( Petitswood Estate, Prospect Estate, Castle St and Austin Friar St)
- Route 133, Dublin Busáras and Wicklow (Monument)
- Route 226, Kent Rail Station/Cork Airport. All Stops between Kent Rail Station and Cork Airport
- Route 271, Killarney/Tralee. Accessible Stops at Killarney, Abbeyfeale and Tralee Stations.
- Route 272, Listowel/Tralee. Accessible Stops at Tralee Station and Listowel
- Route 279, Tralee/Killorglin. Accessible Stops at Tralee Station, Tralee General Hospital, Fossa, Killorglin Library.
- Route 279A, Killarney/Tralee. Accessible Stops at Killarney Station, Cahirsiveen and Tralee Stations, Killorglin.
- Route 284, Killarney/Tralee. Accessible Stops at Tralee Station, Tralee General Hospital, Tralee IT Campus, Killarney Station.
- Route 350, Galway/Ennis. Accessible stops at Galway Station, Oranmore, Cliffs of Moher (Coach Park), Ennis Bus Station
- Route 417, Galway/Ballinastack. All Stops Accessible
- Route 419, Galway/Clifden. All Stops Accessible
- Route 423, Clifden/Westport. All Stops Accessible
- Route 424, Galway/Lettermullen/Carna. All Stops Accessible
- Route 425, Galway/Longford. All Stops Accessible
- Route 425A, Galway/Mountbellew. All Stops Accessible
- Route 429, Galway/Ballaghaderreen. All Stops Accessible
- Route 434, Galway/Gort. All Stops Accessible
- Route 440, Westport/Athlone. Accessible Stops at Westport Mill St and Athlone Bus Station
- Route 456, Galway/Westport. Accessible Stops at Westport Mill St and Athlone
- Route 458, Sligo Enniskillen. Accessible Stops at Sligo Bus Station and Enniskillen Station.
- Route 466, Athlone/Longford. Accessible Stops at Longford Station, Glasson, Golden Island, Athlone Bus Station
- Route 480, Sligo to Ballyshannon. Accessible stops at Sligo & Ballyshannon only
- Route NX, Navan/Dublin. All Stops Accessible
While wheelchair accessibility is available on many Bus Éireann coaches operating on Expressway and Regional services, routes may be limited due to constraints regarding accessible bus stops. The introduction of additional fully accessible routes is dependent on the provision of suitable bus stop infrastructure.
We are working with the NTA and local authorities regarding the design of new bus stop developments, which will facilitate our customers being collected and delivered at these designated bus stops in a safe manner. We are also working with the National Transport Authority (NTA) regarding the bus station and stop infrastructure and to identify vehicle types best suited to the varying needs of all our customers while also suitable for roads and associated infrastructure.
To reserve accessible transport on an Expressway service, intending passengers should book online at https://www.expressway.ie/journey-search at least 24 hours in advance of travel.
- Route 4, Dublin/Waterford. Accessible stops at Busáras (Dublin), Dublin Airport & Waterford Station only
- Route X4, Dublin/Waterford. Accessible stops at Busáras (Dublin), Dublin Airport & Waterford Station only
- Route 32, Dublin/Letterkenny. Accessible bus stops at Busáras (Dublin), Dublin Airport, Ardee, Monaghan Bus Station, Lifford and Letterkenny only
- Route 40, Waterford/Cork. Accessible stops at Waterford & Cork
- Route 51, Cork/Galway. Accessible stops at Cork, Limerick, Ennis & Galway Bus Stations.
- Route 55, Waterford/Limerick. Accessible stops at Waterford & Limerick.