Seasonal Bus Driver Vacancies
If you like driving, you’ll love driving for Bus Éireann
We are currently recruiting for summer/seasonal vacancies in Dublin, Dundalk (Covers Drogheda & Cavan), Cork, Waterford, Galway & Limerick. Click here to apply.
Our Recruitment Process.
At Bus Éireann, our recruitment process is friendly, approachable, and designed to ensure quality. We use different assessments and tests to predict whether or not you would be suited for driving as a profession. These include online and supervised assessments followed by an interview and a practical on-road driving evaluation in a bus or coach carried out by an RSA-approved Bus Éireann driving instructor.
As well as these assessments, candidates must provide references from previous employers and there will be a pre-employment medical examination.
Ready to Come on Board?
You will need:
- a full, clean, Class D Irish driver’s licence
- your digital tachograph card
- your driver CPC (certificate of professional competence) for public service vehicle drivers
- strong customer service skills
- an enthusiastic attitude
What We Offer.
We recruit the best and in return we offer a competitive benefits package that is mindful of you and your family. Drivers can expect to earn €713.46 per week. Typically working five over seven days, overtime may also be available to supplement your earnings. When you start with us, you will receive our professional driver uniform. You will have access to travel concessions, our employee assistance programme, free parking in our depots, local staff clubs and societies, and subsidised canteen facilities.
Training and Development.
Our driver training is varied and includes the following:
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Wayfarer ticket machine and ticketing procedures
- Automatic vehicle location
- Accident and breakdown procedures
- Periodic CPC training
- Health and safety
- Customer care
- Manual handling
- Defensive driving and eco driving techniques
- Tachograph regulations, driving hours, and working time regulations