Regional Engineer (Northwest)
Applications are invited for the position of Regional Engineer (Northwest), reporting to the Head of Engineering. This is a replacement position. As Regional Engineer you will be part of a core team within the Engineering Department with responsibility for the management of the engineering, maintenance and materials function nationally.
As Regional Engineer (Northwest) you will have direct responsibility for engineering and fleet in Ballina, Sligo and Stranorlar garages with a total of 150 vehicles covering Expressway, School Transport, City and Commuter services. S/he will have specific responsibility for ensuring that vehicles are maintained in a safe and reliable condition in line with industry best practice and legislative requirements and that they meet the required standards for customer service.
Interested candidates must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer – minimum NFQ Level 8
- Previous Management & Leadership Experience.
- Knowledge of legislation & technologies linked to road passenger transport.
- Understanding of Health and Safety Legislation and practice essential.
- Experience of change management preferable.
- Good understanding of overall business structures, systems, finances & company operations
- Excellent communication skills and a familiarity with Business systems including SAP.
- Previous experience with preventative maintenance desirable.
The Competencies for discussion at interview stage for this position are:
- Organizing & Executing
- Analysing and Decision Making
- Strategic & Commercial Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Relating & Networking
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of experience and/or application/cv.
Applications to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Wednesday, 30 September 2020