Drogheda Town Service
|D1||Drogheda - Laytown|
|D2||Drogheda - Laytown via Golf Links Road|
|173||Drogheda Northside & Southside Town Services|
Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority (NTA) are pleased to announce the introduction of significant enhancements to services between Drogheda and Laytown from Sunday, 11 August 2019. These enhancements will see service frequency more than double between Drogheda and Laytown with two routes D1 & D2 providing a combined 15 minute frequency throughout the day.
- Route D1 will operate between Drogheda and Laytown via its current routing.
- Route D2 will operate between Drogheda and Laytown via a similar routing to Route D1 but will operate via Golf Links Road
The main service enhancements are as follows:
The combined Route D1 & D2 timetables will provide a service a high frequency service linking Laytown & Bettystown to Drogheda up to every 15 minutes (Monday to Sunday)
- Service frequency between Drogheda & Laytown/Bettystown more than doubles (136% increase)
- 15 minute combined frequency across core daily operating hours
- Increased hours of operation across all days of the week
- First Bus from Drogheda at 05:20am (Weekdays)
- First Bus from Laytown at 6am (Weekdays)
- Last bus from Drogheda at midnight (weekdays)
- Route D2 will provide a service every 30 minutes to Golf Links Road
- New dedicated low floor fleet (5) allocated to the route
- Stop specific timetable information will be available at all stops with timetable displays.
Drogheda Town Fares
|Drogheda Town Single Fares||Leap|
|Adult Single (Outer Zone) (D1)||€1.68||€2.40|
|Student Single (Outer Zone)(D1)||€1.68||n/a|
|Child Single (Outer Zone)(D1)||98c||€1.40|