Young Adult / Student Travel
TFI Young Adult Leap Card: Available to those aged 19 to 23 years.
TFI Student Leap Card: Available to those in third-level education, aged 16-18 and 24+ years.
Valid for the purchase of Young Adult / Student cash fares, Leap single fares, and Leap products (where available) on Bus Éireann scheduled PSO and Expressway services.
Applications can only be completed online at leapcard.ie. You will need to upload proof of your age and take a live selfie when ordering the card online. A valid passport, EU National ID, Driver's Licence or Learner Permit is the only documentation accepted for proof of age.
Please ensure you have a valid card when purchasing Young Adult / Student fares and can show it when inspected during your journey.
- On Bus Éireann public services, TFI Young Adult 19-23 and TFI Student Leap Cards can be used on-board bus or via the TGI Go App to avail of 50% discounted fares
- On Expressway services, Young Adults and Students save 50% with a valid TFI Leap Card when they book online with Expressway
Persons aged 16-18 years may qualify for both the Child 16-18 Leap Card and the Student Leap Card.
- For travel on Bus Éireann public services, the recommended card is the Child Leap Card (16-18) as it offers cheaper fares.
- For travel on Expressway services, the recommended card is the Student Leap Card as it allows the holder to avail of the half-price Student online discounted fares.
Other accepted Student ID Cards
- Translink yLink Student ID Card: Issued in Northern Ireland to anyone aged 16 – 23 years.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and Third-Level Institution Cards are no longer valid.