Bus Éireann introduces additional 66 Expressway services from Sunday 13 September
From Sunday, 13 September 2020, Bus Éireann, Ireland’s national bus company, will run additional Expressway services on the following routes:
- Route X8, Cork to Dublin: Additional Route X8 services will depart Cork at 10.00am and 16.00 (4pm) and depart Dublin Airport at 9.30am and 15.30 (3.30pm) seven days a week.
- Route X12, Limerick to Dublin: Additional Route X12 services will depart Limerick at 5.20am and 11.45am and depart Dublin 10.00am and 6.00am Monday to Friday. Coaches will depart Limerick 7.45am and 20.45 (8.45pm) and depart Dublin 13.00 (1pm) and 16.00 (4pm) every Sunday.
- Route 20/X20, Galway to Dublin: Additional Route X20 services from Galway to Dublin Airport. Coaches will depart Galway at 8.30am, 10.30am and 20.00 (8pm) and depart Dublin Airport at 5.00am, 14.00 (2pm) 15.00 (3pm) Monday to Friday. Coaches will depart Galway 8.30am, 10.30am, 13.30 (1.30pm) and 16.30 (4.30pm) and depart Dublin Airport at 8.00am, 14.00 (2pm), 17.00 (5pm) and 22.30 (10.30pm) every Saturday and Sunday.
- Route 23, Sligo to Dublin: Additional Route 23 services will depart Sligo at 1.00am and depart Dublin at 20.00 (8pm) seven days a week.
- Route 40, Waterford/Cork/Tralee: Additional Route 40 services depart Waterford at 12.00pm and 21.00 (9pm) Monday to Saturday and 13.00 (1pm) and 19.30 (7.30pm) every Sunday. Coaches will depart Cork at 8.40am and 17.40 (5.40pm) Monday to Saturday and 9.40am and 15.40 (3.40pm) every Sunday. While coaches will depart Cork at 8.30am for Tralee and depart Tralee for Cork at 11.50am (Monday to Saturday) and will depart Cork at 10.30am and Tralee at 13.50 (1.50pm) every Sunday.
- Route 51, Galway to Cork: Additional Route 51 services will depart Cork at 9.25am and depart Galway at 15.05 (3.05pm) seven days a week.
- Route 52, Ballina to Galway: Additional Route 52 services will depart Ballina at 11.35am and 17.00 (5pm) and depart Galway at 7.00am and 21.00 (9pm) seven days a week.
- Route 100X: Dundalk to Dublin: additional Route 100X services will depart Dundalk at 8.30am, 11.30am, 13.30 (1.30pm), 17.30 (5.30pm) and depart Dublin 10.40am, 13.40 (1.40pm), 15.40 (3.40om) and 19.40 (7.40pm) Monday to Saturday. Coaches will depart Dundalk at 4.30am, 6.30am, 8.30am, 9.30am, 11.30am and 13.30 (1.30pm) and depart Dublin at 6.40am, 8.40am, 10.40am, 11.40am, 13.40 (1.40pm) and 15.40 (3.40pm) every Sunday.
“As third level students across the country prepare to return to academic life we are delighted to announce, with the support of the National Transport Authority, we are now able to deliver additional services on our Expressway routes, keeping Ireland, and our students connected,” said Eleanor Farrell, Chief Commercial Officer, Bus Éireann.
“We’d like to remind our customers that public transport services continue to operate for necessary journeys at this time. Once again I’d like to thank our customers for their continued understanding of the Covid19 prevention measures in place on all our services. Bus Éireann continues to operate at a maximum of 50 per cent capacity, and compulsory face coverings must be worn throughout your journey,” concluded Ms Farrell.
Sunday, 13th September, 2020