Enhanced Athlone Town Service Network
Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority has recently carried out a review of services in Athlone Town. Following this review, we are pleased to announce the introduction of a significantly enhanced bus network for our customers in Athlone Town as follows:
These service enhancements will be introduced on Sunday, 29 January 2016.
These changes will provide the following service improvements:
- The introduction of two revised routes A1 and A2 which will link the Monksland area to the Creggan Court via the Town Centre linking locations such as the Bus/Rail Station, Golden Island Shopping Centre & other retail areas, Clonbrusk Primary Care Centre, Regional Sports Centre, Athlone Institute of Technology and the IDA Business Park.
- Increased weekday frequency with 108 daily services linking Monksland to Athlone Institute of Technology via the Town Centre
- Extended hours of operation with later evening services until 20:00, seven days a week.
- Services will now also operate on Sunday’s and Public Holidays on all routes.
- Additional bus stops on both routes to serve greater parts of the town.
- All services will be operated by low floor accessible vehicles with free on board wi-fi.
The following gives a brief summary of the changes on a route by route basis:
The service will serve Monksland via The Batteries before operating via the Bus/Rail Station & the town centre before operating via Retreat Rd to Athlone Institute of Technology and the Creggan Court. Combined with Route A2 it will provide a 15 min weekday frequency linking Monksland and Athlone Institute of Technology via the Bus/Rail Station and retail areas.
The service will serve Monksland via Barrack St before operating via the Bus/Rail Station & the town centre before operating via Ballymahon to Athlone Institute of Technology and the Creggan Court. Combined with Route A1 it will provide a 15 min weekday frequency linking Monksland and Athlone Institute of Technology via the Bus/Rail Station and retail areas.
If you have any feedback in relation to the enhanced service offering please forward your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of the public transport network in Athlone and we look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services in the near future.
The service enhancements on Athlone Town Services A1 & A2 will be introduced on Sunday, 29 January 2017 and have been approved by the National Transport Authority.
Thursday, 12th January, 2017