2017 Fare Changes
We wish to notify customers of the following changes to our fares from 1 December 2017.
- Small increases in City Single cash fares but Leap discount increased from 27% to 30%, resulting in significant saving for customers who migrate to Leap and no increase for existing Leap Adult City customers
- Small increases on Adult 1 Day Leap products to reflect extended urban zone. Increases on all 7 Day, Monthly & Annual products to reflect extended urban zone prices
- Leap discount on commuter travel (single tickets) in the Greater Dublin Area goes from 20% to 30%. New Child 24 hour and 7 day products for GDA Yellow Zone.
- Amalgamation of Cork Red & Green zones into one Red zone. Significant reduction in most fares where current Stage Carriage/Green zone product fares move to Red Zone city fares. Extension of Schoolchild fare to take in extended Red Zone area. Some increases for rural/commuter journeys where these fares are currently lower than City fares.
- Extended City Red Zones in Galway (to include Barna & Oranmore) and Limerick (to include Ardnacrusha, Castleconnell & Clonlara)
- Significant reform of commuter/rural journey fare structure. Decreases for most single fares. Major savings for customers in many of these areas.
- Extension of Leap Card discount availability for all single journeys on the PSO Network in 2018
A detailed copy of the National Transport Authority's Fare Determination 2017 is available to download or you can view an edited version showing Bus Éireann fares here.
For more information on Leap Card see www.leapcard.ie.