Our Regional Services are of three types:
Bus Éireann’s Commuter Services offer a sensible and cost-effective alternative to driving into city and town centres to get into work. With Bus Éireann’s peak-time Commuter Services customers can relax with their own seat on our high-quality vehicles and avoid congestion, toll charges, parking charges and fuel costs. Traffic control systems and Quality Bus Corridors/Green Routes mean that our Commuter Service coaches regularly make the journey into major centres more quickly than private cars so you can arrive home or to work rested and relaxed.
Bus Éireann’s Commuter Services serve city centres destinations in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford, as well as significant business facilities around the country.
Great value commuter tickets can be bought at any Bus Éireann ticket office. They are not transferable & can only be used in conjunction with a valid CIÉ Photo ID Card on the routes specified.
Regional Services by County routes are highlighted in red on the Network Map.
- They are regular daily services and provide the only public transport link in many rural areas.
- They serve all points on their route and stop on request when and where required.
- Despite rising car ownership we recognise the social value of these services and strive to maintain them.
- Where possible, Town to Town services link up with Expressway routes.
- These services operate one day a week to market towns from a hinterland catchment area.
- We work closely with a range of rural community development groups to identify and meet transport requirements.
- In association with local community groups, we have introduced almost 40 rural services around the country in the last four years.
- These innovative transport projects are closely integrated with school transport.
- They are geared to provide basic services on one day per week on a low-cost basis.
It is not necessary to purchase tickets in advance on our Town to Town or Rural services & tickets can be purchased on the bus.
Return to the top