Get up-to-the-second bus Arrival and Departure Times at your bus stop on-line and by text with Bus Éireann's Realtime Information - Whensmybus.ie
There are a number of ways to find up-to-the-second Arrival/Departure times for your bus stop on your computer and by text to your mobile phone by using Whensmybus.ie.
To Receive Real Time Information to Your Mobile Phone by Text
- Each of the stops on whensmybus.ie has a five digit code
- Every time you select a stop on whensmybus.ie through the Select a Stop feature or by the Select by Route and Stop feature, the box with the picture of the mobile phone will display the text code for that stop.
- In this example, a customer has selected Busáras as their stop and the text code for Busáras – 13500 – has been displayed in the box.
- To get real time information sent to your mobile phone by text, you simply text 13500 (or the appropriate stop code) to 53035 or 087 9903410. You will then receive a text back giving you the next departures from Busáras (or your stop).
- To request real time information by text for a specific route operating to your selected stop, add the route number to the end of the Stop Code i.e. 13500, 1. Texting this code to 53035 or 087 9903410 will see the next departures on Route 1 from Busáras sent to your mobile phone by text.
- To request real time information for a specific route after a specific time for your stop, you add the time (as per the 24 hour clock i.e. 19:00) to the Stop Code.
For example, if you text 13100,1,10:30 to 53035 or 087 9903410 you will get a response text listing the next departures from Dublin Airport on Route 1 after 10:30am.
Tariff: Standard SMS rates apply for each text sent.
For On-Screen Display of Information by Bus Stop
To get real-time information for your bus stop displayed on the Display Board on the left hand side of the whensmybus.ie page, please take the following steps:
- Go to the Select Your Bus Stop panel.
- Type in the partial name of your stop, i.e. type in Kil for Kilkenny, and click on the Search button.
- If you are happy that the correct stop is displayed, then click on Accept. If more than one stop name appears that matches the partial name you entered – simply select the stop you require from the list and click on Accept.
- You will see that the main Display Board on the left of the website will now display the real time departure information for your bus stop.
- The Stop Code will also be displayed in the panel with the mobile phone image and the Select Your Route and Stop panel below. This Stop Code can be used to receive real time updates by text message to your mobile phone. Please see above for texting instructions.
For On-Screen Display of Information by Bus Route and Stop
To get real-time information displayed on the Display Board on when buses will arrive/depart at stops along a particular route, please take the following steps:
- Go to the Select by Route and Stop panel
- Use the drop down Route menu to select your route number.
- The name of stops along that Route will appear in the Stop Name menu.
- Scroll down this menu to find your stop.
- Click on the stop name and real-time updates for your stop will be displayed on the Display Board on the left-hand side of the whensmybus.ie page.
- You can also select the All Routes for the Stop option from the menu and this will show on the Display Board the real time information for all other routes that arrive/depart at your bus stop.
- You can also use the following features for further information:
- Direction of service – Selecting All Directions will provide you with information on arrivals and departures at your stop. Using this drop-down menu, you can also choose to have displayed the real time information of when the next buses will arrive at your stop from the start and end points of the route.
- View Arrival/Departure – Selecting either option will show Arrival or Departure information only on the Display Board
- Number of Trips – Increasing this from the standard 10 will decrease or increase the number of arrivals/departures at your stop that will be displayed on the Display Board
- Departure Time – You can input a time (as per the 24 hour clock i.e. 19.00) to find out Arrivals and/or Departures at a stop from that time onwards for the rest of the day.